A Day Out With Mummy

It has been so long since I last bought or made any clothes. I konmari'ed my clothes when I got my new wardrobe (my old one was collapsing) but other than underwear I have only added a handful of items to my wardrobe in the last few years.  Actually thinking about it, I think almost all the clothes I have got in the last few years have been gifts. 

So I saved up and was gifted some money that I am using to update my look. I have been looking at patterns, fabric, Instagram, and Pinterest and thinking about what items I want to complement and expand my wardrobe. 

To help motivate my self to get back down to my goal weight (I am a gold member of weight watchers/wellness that works) I said that when I reached it I would treat my self to a day out shopping with my Mummy. I worked really hard and made it by my target date so bought some train tickets to Brighton and we where set. 

If you are reading my blog you have probably noticed I am a bit of an over planner, and this trip was no exception. I even checked the distance from the train station to the shops to be more confident that Mums scooter would make it (0.6 miles, and it did last all day).

I found 3 fabric shops near the main shopping area, making sure mum could ride right up to them. We only ended up going to 2 of them, mostly because I went a bit mad in the first one. Fabric family was our first stop, and it is lovely. I bought 11 pieces of fabric for me and one for Mummy. They had so much lovely fabric we are thinking of going back, but not till I use most if not all of the fabric I currently have. 

My planning failed on the place I hoped to have tea, its closed on the day we went, so we ended up at costa, the tea was nice, the raspberry and almond slice was lovely. Then we went to some clothes shops to but some already made clothes. It seemed we picked a good time to go as all the shops where having sales, we picked up some good bargains. 

We where having so much fun that we where quite surprised when we found it was nearly 5pm and had to head to the train station. Mummy was all tired on the train ride home, but it was nice to have some time just the 2 of us. 

I think I need to save up and have another day out like this again with Mummy.

Comments

Popular Posts