Wardrobe Style

I have had a while to think and explore what kind of style I want for my wardrobe. I have been pinning and saving lots of outfits and clothes that I like. I don't really know what to call this style, or even if all the things I like fit into one title, so maybe I need a list of Likes and Dislikes;

All pictures shamelessly stolen, if they are yours, 1, I love your work, and 2, please comment to claim.

Likes;

Tailoring/fitted items, I like my defined waist and want to show it off. 
All Things Lovely In This Fall / Winter Outfit. Definitely Must Have One.   

Cardigans, you can't go wrong with a cardigan, small and cute or big and chunky, no house cardigans, you know the ones.
Yellow knit with white dress Cardigan with 1930s original star buttons 💫⭐️☁️ #1930s #1940s #vintagefashion #vintage #vintagestyle #slowfashion .¸¸.•*¨*•xo, Princess♡•*¨*•.¸¸.

Jumpers
  via My Darling Rainbow http://mydarlingrainbow.tumblr.com

Long socks and tights, I like the shape of my legs, but often not the look of the skin, 
Hey, I found this really awesome Etsy listing at https://www.etsy.com/listing/171008797/powder-winter-fishnet-lace-boot-socks KawaiiBox.com ❤ The Cutest Subscription Box

Big skirts, the kind you need a petticoat for, think 50's and Lolita
  Sweet Yourself Skirt in Blueberry, #ModCloth

Short Skirts, above the knee but not too short, still want to be modest.
Tights 21 LunasAngel♡

Smart jackets
blouse under the blazer! Joie 'Mehire' Blazer | NordstromMint jacket + polka dots + gold accessories Hermione Corfield. Katherine Hooke. Gabrielle "Gabbe" Givens. Fallen. Oscuros.

Blouses
feminine lace inset blouse with button front and peter pan collar: vintage dress Polka dots and peplum, a perfect match from @stopstaringclothing! 💙

Pastel tones, pinks and greens and blues, all soft and soothing.
  pastel pink + blue Mint tea length dress #retro #vintage #50s..

Floral patterns, its so pretty. I am also liking other patterns, but floral captures the mood of what I want the best.
Vintage Dress Tumblr Party Dress For 50 Yr Old Floral maxi linen dress floral prom dress linen dress | Etsy

Fancy Collars
   That Collar...plus blue, polka dots, and crochet trim Pearl Princess blouse

Lace and Buttons, I love lace and buttons.
 Little Treasures: Mori Girl Fashion Inspiration-It even has a DIY section! girlyme: “ Gunne Sax dress 1970s (by Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10) ”

Its all about the little details, the little bits that make you smile.
sleeves and cuffs #6- petal romântico :: renda, laço e estampa floral vintage <3 Princess Highway Flawlessly Folksy Embroidered Cardigan Cream | ModCloth Pretty

I am even up for trying some shorts, not had them in a very long time. 

Dislikes;

Oversized tops.

Synthetic fabrics, wont always be able to avoid when if I am buying ready made clothes, but I can sew in only the good stuff. 

Trousers that don't reach your feet.

Leggings, they are a pet hate, big no.

Sequins and Studs, well maybe one or two sequins on a collar if its part of some embroidery but not lots.

Animal prints, leave them for the animals,

Logos, names, or other text. I am not a billboard to advertise on.

--- X ---

Can you feel the style yet? Its a bit smart casual, a bit cute, a bit modest and a bit fun. There is a touch of the old, but with a little youth and freshness. A bit librarian like, modest and quiet. Its a little sexy in the tailoring, but still feels innocent.

For me clothes are not just an expression of who I am, but a way to find joy. The feel of the fabric, running your fingers over a row of buttons, running your finger down a seam and seeing how it contours your body. Its all about the feel, and feeling happy. Making clothes makes me feel proud, I achieved something, I created. Then later when you wear something home made there is the memory of the time spent making, the calm and the quiet. 

Comments

Popular Posts