My favorite week of the year

The time from mayday till my birthday is always special to me and I always without fail book it off work. This year it has been great. In fact my whole holiday has been great.

My time in Scotland with uni friends was great. I came back and had hardly a day to rest before a trip to IKEA to get supplies to sort my wardrobe, it was great, but then any day with mummy, my aunt (don't tell her I used the "a" word) and my friend is good no matter what we do.

I walked 13 miles to a town a couple of towns over. That hurt and I have a purple toe nail to prove it. A nice weekend with my man and Monday brought may day. It is quite possible the best day of the year down here, and this year was a really great one. The weather was wonderful and everyone was out all greened up.
The middle of the week was time for some good old relaxing me time, mixed of course with more time with the girls and getting sorted for my birthday. 

My birthday was a great one, a dim sum lunch with my mummy and 2 of my best friends followed by some baking. Some last minute tidying before dinner, getting dressed up and waiting for my friends for a indoor picnic. We ended up playing monopoly till 2 in the morning.

So when Monday came round and the evil sound of my alarm rang out I was a little sad, its been so great the last couple of weeks I wish I could have just a little longer.

There hasn't been a real challenge for the last couple of weeks but I will need one this week. So let's make it to go for a bike ride. After a holiday of naughty food and not getting in my exercise, my trousers are feeling a little tight. So as my man is feeling a little chubby to we have bought new bikes and want to get into cycling.

Comments

Popular Posts