Don't wish your life away

Many years ago now some one said something that changed my out look, it was such a small comment but one I have kept close.  I had said "I can't wait for the weekend" I'm sure that's something many of us feel. But his reply was "don't wish your life away"

We wish away the hours dreaming of better times and soon days fly by, but we are the worse for it. We do not gain better times but loose the chance for other happy moments.

Since then I always stop and make sure to say "I'm looking forward to" instead of "I wish it was" , or "I can't wait" . Language is important because the way we speak affects the way we think, if we change the way we speak we can change the way we feel. 

So I am in this moment, and I am excited to experience things in my future, but there is no rush, I am content. 

Comments

Popular Posts