Thursday, 6 June 2013

Strawberry Swirl Bun Report and Week 23 challenge (Hama Hair Accessories)

The strawberry swirls where a partial success. The came up well, tasted nice but I think I over cooked them. They where too brown on top and a bit dry. I had run out of milk so I used coconut milk, which worked nice but I wonder if they would have been even better with real milk.

I didn't include the butter in the middle or the frosting on top in a attempt to be more healthy, I guess these would have made it moister but I'm trying to be good. Even with my failing they did taste good, they didn't have the normal heavy and yeasty feel my normal bread has, I'm not sure if this is all the recipe or using my mixer.

I will definitely try the recipe again, maybe with different jams or use it to make cinnamon buns. Next time I will make sure I use milk and watch it like a hawk while they are in the oven.
  
Sorry no pictures, I made them before bed on Thursday to take for afternoon tea on Friday. As they where a small batch they didn't last long enough to get photos.


This weeks challenge is Hama hair accessories

No comments:

Post a Comment