My First Knitting Project - A Scarf

This was writen a while back but never posted because it missed a picture or two. Time to catch back up.

So I shared before how I have been learning how to knit, well now its time for an update. First lets take a moment to faun over this lovely yummy yarn. It's made by a seller on Etsy called AtticSpinDye. The picture below is taken by me, and the colours are so lovely, just as the listing showed. Its so lovely and soft its a joy to work with. 

 

Being my first project I wanted to do something super simple, learn the rhythm of knitting before trying something too complicated. Too often I see people go straight from nothing to a complicated project and get lost or overwhelmed, from there its so easy to just give up. So I like to start any new craft with a smaller project, something simple that will soon give that feeling or accomplishment and satisfaction. 

So for me the obvious choice was a simple knit back and forward stitch, no purling. You get a lovely stretchy fabric, something new to a crocheter. There are v's on top of bars, on top of v's etc.


I bought 200g and cast on 50 stitches onto some 5mm bamboo needles, so its turning out to be a big scarf. Its plenty wide, and very long. I did contemplate stopping part way and making a hat but decided a huge scarf was needed. 

I keep it in my work bag and did a few rows at lunch, I find it very relaxing, I look forward to the break from the madness of work to sit quietly and knit. Its almost like a meditation. 


Now it's all finished and I am really happy with the result. It's lovely to use so soft. 

Comments

Popular Posts