Fruit Pies & Charity Baking

Another forgotten post, the tidy up continues.

Number 8 on the Autumn Bucket List 2019 is to bake a fruit pie and eat it hot with ice cream. 


 We will call this a practice run, I ate it cold with warm custard or microwaved with cold custard, not quite what I put on the bucket list. But it was a good test of the recipe, which was good, but I think the pastry could have done with being a little thicker, and maybe blind baked a little longer too. Tasted OK though. 


I made an apple one and a cherry, bet you can guess which way round they are. I made them as part of the MacMillan Cancer Support Big Coffee Morning. Well ours was more of a coffee lunch, but we still raised £135, which is not too bad. 


I also made 4 batches of cookies, dark chocolate chip, white chocolate chip, apple and cinnamon, and my new recipe, bake-well (cherry and almond). I really like the bake-well ones, I may even share the recipe, its that yum. 

That big showstopper coffee and walnut cake in the middle was made by the Bosses wife, its always popular. The bus tin is full of cheese scones, made by the lady in marketing, and the brownies are from the sarcastic electronics and software engineer (hes a friend). Sadly I wasn't able to get out to Mother's to pick up the gingerbread cake she made but I am sure my Dad Bill helped polish it off. 

Comments

Popular Posts